Live YOUR Life
How can we be successful if we’re not sure of what we want for ourselves?
My candle line includes words of affirmations. I believe that we should remind ourselves daily of who we are and that we are worthy. With the power of social media and advertisements in our faces every second of the day it’s important to remain true to who we are. Not to say that people around us make us feel less worthy, but be honest, as humans we tend to compare ourselves to others to determine whether we are successful enough. I’m here to tell you all of that bull shit doesn’t matter. I am guilty of doing this for most of my life. I am very fond of my mother and even after her passing I still found myself doing things I know would make her proud. Not to say I don’t love who I've become, because I do, but it was only last year that I decided to sit with myself and figure out what I want for myself. Maybe not “decided”; quarantining forced me to sit my ass still and do some reflecting. I’m glad that I did because I was able to put things in my life into perspective and decide what I want to do with it. I had so many different projects going on and now they are coming together beautifully because I found a way to merge my passions by determining my values. Not the values of my mother, best friend or mentor, but what I want, what makes me happy, what I find joy in doing and being.
It’s still the beginning of a new year and studies show that about 80% of people who create resolutions for themselves fail by January 15th. It’s easy to fail, but when you have a reason and a plan you are more likely to fall into the successful 20%. I challenge you to create a plan for yourself so that you can begin to live the life that you want.
Here’s how to do it in just 5 steps. You’re going to need a journal or sheet of paper and a writing utensil for this activity.
- Write down three things you value. Remember no one is reading this so don’t lie to yourself. Make sure it’s what you want for yourself and NOT what someone else wants for you.
- Write a few sentences that explain why your values are important to you.
- For each value, write down 3 times you have acted on this value. Then write a timeline how often these actions have occurred in the last week, month or year.
- Choose one value you want to focus on for the next 3 months.
- Use my free quarterly planner to make specific times in your schedule to do what you love.
This year be intentional about the life you want to live. Live YOUR life.
DM me or email me to let me know which you’re going to focus on.
Photo by Marissa Cristina.
Photo on home page by Seven Shooter